[scribus] Concatenating PDFs - quality?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sat Dec 24 06:46:21 UTC 2011

> After that to adjust the DPI right click on the graphics frame, select
> "Properties" and then  on the pop up menu select "Image".
> Remember you can adjust dpi down but adjusting up is not likely
> to yield good results.

>  (Haven't tried that yet, though

You should hav tried, because it will not work.

The DPI shown in the Properties palette is based on the number och
pixels and the physical size of the imaga. Changing it will rescale
the image, not resample it.

The correct way is, as Rob wrote, to set the desired DPI in the PDF
export dialog.

But I think it would also be good if rescaling and a few similar
action could be included as Image Effects.

/Peter