[scribus] SVG Graphics and Scribus.

wena-parry at talktalk.net wena-parry at talktalk.net
Sun Dec 25 14:31:27 UTC 2011

I am working with a Scribus 1.4 and on a Windows XP computer.

I find that SVG files inserted into a document seems to drain my
computer’s resources, after re sizing a graphic I have to wait a few
moments. For example I placed an SVG graphic onto a page and resized it
to the page I had to wait some 2 minutes before I can go on. The whole
document is 120 pages.

It seems a shame to convert and SVG graphic to a bitmap when in SVG
format I can get a much better quality. That is what I fined myself
doing these days.

Can I make an sla file from such a graphic and then past or import it
later into place in such a document as I have mentioned above.

Wena