[scribus] Subject:, Re: What has happened to the Digest ? and my question.

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Wed Dec 28 10:28:11 UTC 2011

On 20/12/2011 18:21, Ian Whitfield wrote:

> On 19/12/2011 14:00, Ivan Harris wrote:
>> I have not received any postings from the Scribus Digest since 11/12.
>> What
>> has happened.
>>
> I've also been unable to post a question up to the Forum for the past
> week!!!!

Hi All

I have held back from responding to this for some time to "cool off"!!

I responded to Ivan's post with a COMMENT of my own just to complete the
picture as I saw it from my side. To this I got a VERY rude comment back
from a.l.e. which I felt was totally out of character and very
offensive. (most unlike him I must say as he is always VERY helpful to
us all!!)

I was merely pointing out that not only was I also not getting any
postings but could also not SEND in a posting!! I assumed that it was a
Server problem and just thought it a good idea to put this out to the
Group for whoever's "job" it was to watch such things. I had NO idea who
this would be or that there was going to be a move to a new Server as
this had NOT been mentioned in the forum!! I feel my comment was taken
completely out of context - I was NOT complaining I was commenting!!!

Anyway - that's enough - let it rest!!

The question I had been trying to post was....

I've just noticed a funny problem in my monthly publication!

My Master Pages have a "Header" and "Footer" containing Publication ID,
Date and Page Numbers. I created these "Headers" and "Footers" by
positioning Text Boxes at the top and bottom of each Master Page.

The font I selected for the text in these locations is Bitstream and
indeed when I'm working with the .sla file the text _IS_ in the
Bitstream font. BUT after exporting to PDF all the text in the "Headers"
and "Footers" shows up as Verdana, (my default font). Any Bitstream font
in the body of the publication comes out right in the conversion to PDF,
it's just the "Headers" and "Footers" that don't show up correctly!!

Anyone got any ideas about this??

My set-up is Linux Mint 10 KDE and Scribus 1.4.0 RC5.

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria.