[scribus] unable to compile scribus-1.4.0.rc6

dingodog dingodogscribus at lurtinus.33mail.com
Fri Dec 30 09:38:07 UTC 2011

making able Scribus to find right headers or right path for python is
absolutely a secondary problem

In fact, I can start to compile, as already said, editing cmake.lists to
build without python (for testing)

this is the cmake output after editing  to start to build without
python, that, as far I know, seems to have no serious warnings able to
break compilation in linking step (unless I'm wrong about this). I
attach also the output of

CMakeError.log
http://paste2.org/p/1846057

CMakeOutput.log
http://paste2.org/p/1846058

# cmake ..
-- Scribus 1.4.0.rc6 will be built to install into /usr/local
-- Machine: i486-linux-gnu, void pointer size: 4
-- Found target X86
-- Building for target i486-linux-gnu
-- Using standard ApplicationDataDir. You can change it with
-DAPPLICATION_DATA_DIR
Qt4 Found OK
-- Building without Qt3 Support (GOOD)
ZLIB Library Found OK
Using PNG Library: /usr/lib/libpng.so
PNG Library Found OK
JPEG Library Found OK
TIFF Library Found OK
-- Found Freetype: /usr/lib/libfreetype.so
-- FreeType2 Library Found OK
-- Looking for FT_Get_First_Char in /usr/lib/libfreetype.so
-- Looking for FT_Get_First_Char in /usr/lib/libfreetype.so - found
-- Looking for FT_Get_Next_Char in /usr/lib/libfreetype.so
-- Looking for FT_Get_Next_Char in /usr/lib/libfreetype.so - found
-- checking for one of the modules 'libcairo>=1.2.0;cairo>=1.2.0'
--   found cairo, version 1.8.10
CAIRO Library Found OK
-- Looking for ippDeleteAttribute in cups
-- Looking for ippDeleteAttribute in cups - not found
-- Found Cups: /usr/lib/libcups.so
CUPS Library Found OK
-- checking for module 'libxml-2.0'
--   found libxml-2.0, version 2.7.6
-- Found LibXml2: /usr/lib/libxml2.so
LIBXML2 Library Found OK
LCMS 2 ReleaseLibrary: LCMS2_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
LCMS 2 Debug Library: LCMS2_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
LCMS 2 Library: LCMS2_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
LCMS ReleaseLibrary: /usr/lib/liblcms.so
LCMS Debug Library: LCMS_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
LCMS Library: /usr/lib/liblcms.so
LittleCMS Library Found OK
-- checking for one of the modules 'fontconfig'
--   found fontconfig, version 2.8.0
FontConfig Found OK
-- Could NOT find ASPELL  (missing:  ASPELL_LIBRARIES ASPELL_INCLUDE_DIR)
ASpell or its developer libraries NOT found - Disabling support for
spell checking
PoDoFo NOT found - Disabling support for PDF embedded in AI
-- Could NOT find HYPHEN  (missing:  HYPHEN_LIBRARY HYPHEN_INCLUDE_DIR)
system hyphenation library NOT found - will use internal one
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - done
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
-- Looking for dlfcn.h
-- Looking for dlfcn.h - found
-- Looking for unistd.h
-- Looking for unistd.h - found
-- Looking for sys/stat.h
-- Looking for sys/stat.h - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_ENDIAN_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_ENDIAN_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_FCNTL_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_FCNTL_H - found
RPATH: lib/scribus/plugins/;
-- Boost version: 1.46.1
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
Boost Library Found OK
-- Boost: FOUND, building 2geomtools
-- Source header files will be installed
-- /mnt/sda5/NewDir/da_compilare/scribus-1.4.0.rc6/resources/translations/po
-- The following GUI languages will be installed:
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done