[scribus] unable to compile scribus-1.4.0.rc6

dingodog dingodogscribus at lurtinus.33mail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:52:02 UTC 2011

Dear Craig

python is not strictly needed for building, the serious problems I have
are caused by other things

I made the definitive verification building by myself a full python
package (including python-dev headers).

this time, cmake does not complaint about python_include_dir, and ALL
CRITICAL DEPENDENCIES seem to be satisfied

http://paste2.org/p/1846363

but at 77%, in linking stage, compilation fails as in other attempts
http://paste2.org/p/1846364

in this link suggested
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9708

I read that a similar error has been solved compiling without:

-Wl,--as-needed

compiler flag

but I was unable to find this flag in makefile produced by cmake