[scribus] unable to compile scribus-1.4.0.rc6

dingodog dingodogscribus at lurtinus.33mail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:41:49 UTC 2011

> Why is there this reference to /mnt/lupu_devx...(etc) in this 1846364
> file (lines 142+)?  Are some of your resources mounted on some other device?
>
> Basically the messages are saying they can't find things, which can
> happen when they are not in standard locations.
>
> Greg
[...]
this is why I loaded devx sfs module (like slax modules) in my Puppy
Lucid 5.2.5 in order to build

this is normal way to compile; thanks to Puppy forum's member
*technosaurus* and to his *sfs-linker* it is possible to use the sfs
module (a compressed Squash FileSystem archive) linking the resources
(for instance to (usr/bin and so on...)

I don't think this is the origin of problems, since compiling
environment is sane and I built about 200 programs from source in this
way, successfully. However, I'll try to verify if copying files from
devx module, instead to link, and rebooting before to start compiling
has any kind of effect