[scribus] Signal #6

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Feb 27 00:21:33 CET 2011

> On 26 Feb 2011 at 17:32, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
>
>> What does Signal #6 refer to.  I am doing my first real job with
>> 1.4.0 RC1
>> and I've had the system error out with that code twice in the last
>> twenty
>> minutes.  I am very unaccustomed to seeing errors with 1.3.9 or
>> 1.3.9, both
>> of which i used for my last issue.
>>
>> --
>> John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
>
> After reading your note I tried doing some in frame text editing and
> after short time
> Scribus crashed with the error message "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION".
>
> Remember, this is Beta software.

Not for much longer I believe !

If you use linux, man signal may (but probably may not) give you some
clues.

My guess is judging by the observation above, a memory allocation
error has occurred, the program called abort and the process died from
the abort, sig 6

I will try to crash it with my 1.4.0 (on linux), though I just
finished a pretty big job without any problems.

--
Owen