[scribus] install failed

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 18:35:41 CET 2011

On 01/05/2011 11:56 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 12:52 AM, a.l.e wrote:
>> joe, i don't know if you're comfortable with OS X and ppc, but it's
>> two times end of line: there have not been any consumer PPC computers
>> for years and most applications don't support 10.4 any more.
>
> I'm strictly a Linux user, I've never used a Mac and never want to. The
> point is, not everybody can afford to upgrade and suggesting that
> somebody else spend money to solve a problem isn't always helpful.

Nonetheless, there are times when a clear jump forward is really the
best answer. As Linux users, we live in a world that says, "Linux is not
supported" but we are willing to find ways around various issues.
Someone using MacOSX 10.4 has to face the limitations they are working
with, and one option is to move forward. I'm sure Apple's answer to a
number of complaints at this point is suggesting a hardware/software
upgrade.

Greg