[scribus] pdf/x-1a in scribus

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 2 12:33:22 UTC 2011

On Friday, July 01, 2011 09:37:53 pm Karen Morrissey wrote:
> John,
>
> We've corresponded before and I purchased a copy of your
ebook about doing
> covers in Scribus.
>
> I installed the Scribus 1.5.0 trunk version on my Ubuntu
Desktop Linux
> system. I can't find an export option for PDF/X-1a:2001.
The only export
> choices I see are for PDF 1.3/1.4/1.5. Am I perhaps
misunderstanding
> something?

With no document open, go to file->preferences->Color
Managment and then activate color management.

I like to use the ICC profile for print (bottom line)
available from my web site at
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/SWOPcoated5_240.icc
which meets one of the obscure requirements for LSI. You
use a CMYK palette of course.

I suggest that activating Color Management be the default
in future versions of Scribus 1.5.0.

And thanks for buying  the e-book!
--
John Culleton