[scribus] Inserting a page add a text frame

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Wed Jul 20 22:43:34 UTC 2011

I wonder if this might be behavior that anyone else has noted?  I am using
Ubuntu 11.04 with Scribus 1.4.0 RC5.  I have a document currently about 30
pages.  If I insert a page in the middle of the document, a full page sized
text frame is also inserted at the end of the document beyond the last
page.  This has been happening since at least version 1.3.5.

I have been trying to determine what prompts the addition of the text frame
and just now have figured it out.  I have not tried any other .sla file yet
to see if it happens elsewhere, but I'll do that ASAP.  The current file is
a copy of earlier magazine issue used so I don't have to re-create
everything from scratch.

Maybe someone else has observed this behavior?
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
editor at sera.org