[scribus] Broken display while grouping lines?! [RELATED TO:Any suggestions how to make circular scale (as clock has)?]

Ondřej Němeček ondrej.nemecek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:12:51 UTC 2011

On 07/22/2011 03:00 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>> http://www.oldfrog.cz/downloads/scribus-samples/Screenshot-1.png
>> http://www.oldfrog.cz/downloads/scribus-samples/Screenshot-2.png
>>

>> The problem is, that part of object (end of line) is not displayed when
>> this object (line) is grouped with other objects (another lines).
>> Ungruping fix it.
>>
>> Resulting size of grouped objects (lines) is broken (to small), so some
>> items are cutted away. In the fact this happens when objects are
>> selected too, not only when they are grouped. It can be seen on my
>> screenshots.
>>
>> Problem happens only under some circumstances (I never see it when
>> grouping rectangles - for example).
>>
>> It can be usefull to understand why it happens and to know some
>> workaround(s).
>>

> It seems you've already found the workaround -- ungroup the lines. This
> doesn't mean it is not a bug and doesn't need to be fixed, only that it
> is not a showstopper.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

you are right, but this workaround is not usable when you want to use
grouping :-D  So from my point of view appropriate workaround is to add
into group some new ,helper' item which is larger than all other items.
This method really helps me.

Unfortunately I reproduce problem in Scribus 1.5.0.svn too:

   http://www.oldfrog.cz/downloads/scribus-samples/broken-group.png

So I fill bugreport, look at

   http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10144

I hope it helps to fix it.