[scribus] book elements

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jul 24 14:18:05 UTC 2011

hi adrienne,

> I'm preparing a several chapter book for epub. It will have a table
> of contents with hyperlinks to the chapters and the usual front
> matter, etc.
>
> I'm wondering if it is best to create it all as one file, or to do
> separate files for each element/chapter and then somehow consolidate
> those to a book.

i don't think that scribus is currently the best tool to create ebooks...

... but it depends a bit on what you mean by "epub"...

and -- depending on the length of your work -- putting each chapter in its own file may be a very good idea.

finally, for a "normal" book, you'd probably better manually create your table of contents...

we hope to have a better solution for all those problem very soon (except for the fact that you should not put too much content in a file...)

ciao
a.l.e