[scribus] book elements

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 14:21:50 UTC 2011

On 07/24/2011 01:18 AM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> I'm preparing a several chapter book for epub. It will have a table of contents with hyperlinks to the chapters and the usual front matter, etc.
>
> I'm wondering if it is best to create it all as one file, or to do separate files for each element/chapter and then somehow consolidate those to a book.

If you're planning to make an .epub document, as opposed to a PDF ebook,
you can't do .epub with Scribus.

.epub files are a variant of HTML, with some xml for the structure. If
you open an .epub file, you see that it's really a container like a
directory of the various components.

As far as the one file, versus many per each chapter, it depends on the
length of your chapters. You may find that several chapters will work
fine in one document. Some have reported being able to work with 80-100
pages in a single Scribus document.

Greg