[scribus] Scribus not printing??

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Jun 10 08:53:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:52:17 -0400
"Ian \"Witty\" Whitfield" <editor at federalsaints.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Interesting problem here today. I use Scribus 1.4 RC3 on Mint 10 KDE
> and all has been well up to now.
>
> As of today I can no longer print from Scribus. If I try I get a "No
> Paper" error on the printer (A Brother MFC8860DN and with a full
> paper tray!). I don't do much printing from Scribus but there are a
> couple of things I do need to print out each month.
>
> I have tried everything and found out the following - it ONLY happens
> from Scribus!!!! I can do Print Test Page, Print Self Test and
> printouts from 3 or 4 other installed programs but _NOT_ from
> Scribus!!!???
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

I am using Fedora 15 and have had the odd problem getting the printer
going.

But as far as Scribus is concerned, using the alternative print command
box works for me. eg, # lpr -p PRINTER_NAME

If you don't know PRINTER_NAME, type   "lpq" at the prompt

Also, go into preferences and check File->Preferences->Printer and
maybe try PS level 1 or 2. Mine was set at Level 3

Anyway, as a general rule of thumb, printing from Scribus is a no-no
for me, export to PDF and then print is what I do.

I can also "Print to file" and making a ps file can be followed by a
ps2pdf but that seems to be a long way round for doing something.

Owen