[scribus] (no subject)

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 16:32:18 CET 2011

On 03/01/2011 10:06 AM, Ron Carter wrote:
>   I’m preparing a submission to a POD publisher who has a size limit on
> the initial MS, i.e.  prior to acceptance for publication.  Beyond
> that, I don’t care about the size.  Windows 7  -  Scribus 1.3.3.14
> I am very new at Scribus and no nothing about scripts or wiki or
> layers but I will muddle through (as always).  Thank you all, Louis,
> George, a.l.e. for your suggestions

If you look at this wiki page:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_DPI_and_Scaling,_and_Resultant_File_Sizes

you can get a sense of how changing some settings in Scribus or
manipulating the images can variably reduce file size of the PDF.

Especially with a large document containing many images, you should be
using the lowest DPI resolution that makes sense for your purpose.
Typically, 150 to 300 DPI is good enough. Using a tiny part of a very
large image will load this entire image into the PDF, so cropping before
you use the image can be a huge savings.

Greg