[scribus] CMYK

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Mar 6 21:13:20 CET 2011

On Saturday 05 March 2011 13:07:29 Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 03/05/2011 12:53 PM, Ron Carter wrote:
> > The printer says the colors have to be CMYK.  How do I convert
> > them from RBG?
>
> Using the setting Printer in the PDF Export dialog should convert
> colors to CMYK -- in the Color tab, "Output Intended For:".
> Do not convert images to CMYK yourself, this is unnecessary.
>
> Incidentally, Printer here means commercial printer. If it's just
> your own color printer hooked up to your computer, you can use
> Screen/Web.
>
> Greg

> There may be downtime. Please use forums if the list is not
> available.

If tiff output is chosen how does one insure that the output is CMYK
even though some of the illos used are RGB?

Why tiff? Well LSI will accept tiff instead of PDF X/1-a and PDF X/1-a
is only available on Scribus 1.5.0 which is many moons away from
official "release" although it works just fine for me. We all agree
that svn download and compile is a bridge too far for most MSWin
users.  So for most users tiff is the only open source solution for
LSI cover art.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus:

The Short List of Publishing and marketing books:
http://wexfordpress.com/shortlist.html