[scribus] Scribus Icons Contest 2011

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Nov 3 09:03:09 UTC 2011

hi

>>> - We won't be very strict with the rules! They are there to give you
>>> an idea of what we are expecting!
>> in the forums, jimmy is asking if we can extend the deadline...
>>
>> i'd prefer not to do it, but if the community
>> wants it, we can extend it...
> How many applicants?
>
> We are not in a rush, this is for 1.5.0 anyway.

we are not in a rush no... but i wonder if extending the deadline will
improve so many things...

as far i can tell, for now we have an informal proposal, a proposal
which got in through the forum, and a proposal which has been promised
if we extend the deadline...

for what i'm concerned, we can extend the deadline until november, 30.

personally, the most important thing is to find somebody who
- wants to do an icons set for scribus
- has time to create it and possibly maintain it
- we think has the skills to create a high quality icons set

contest rules, exceptions, extensions, and so on are just a mean to get
to the goal, not the goal itself...

so, back to the question: should i announce an extension?

ciao
a.l.e