[scribus] Paragraph Justification

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 15:26:10 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 01:06 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 06:03 AM, john Culleton wrote:
>> Microtypograpy in TeX will solve the problem without visibly
>> stretching just one letter. All letters can be
>> stretched/compressed by tiny amounts to take up the slack.
>
> I'm sure it can. However, a Sefer Torah is written by hand, exactly the
> same way it was over a thousand years ago, and the last line of a verse
> is always justified (when appropriate) by extending only the last
> letter. It's not a matter of "there's another way to do it," it's a
> question of can either TeX or Scribus match the traditional way of
> filling the space? And, of course, whoever sets it up has to know when
> to do it and when to start the next verse without a paragraph break, but
> that's a different issue.

Not sure I understand what you're saying -- you mean the last letter is
moved far to the left, with a space between it and the former letter?

In TeX, there is the \hfill command for this.

In Scribus, there may be some settings of tabs that might work, but no
guarantee until one might experiment.

Greg