[scribus] Open Educational Resources for Typography on Kickstarter

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Nov 16 14:46:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:27:36 -0800 Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I thought the Scribus community might be interested in a
> kickstarter project I've helped to set up, to publish some
> really high quality open educational resources for typography
> from the University of Buenos Aires :-)
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosgaya/oert-open-educational-resources-for-typography
>
> The rewards are skewed a little towards type designers, but
> this will be Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)
> licensed so I hope it might one day make its way into Scribus'
> libre documentation :-)

AFAIK Libre Office is Open Office renamed and made independent of
the former commercial sponsor. I know of no specific docu-
mentation for Scribus titled Libre or libre. And the missions of
Scribus, Inkscape, Gimp etc. are not type design as such.

Am I missing something important?

--

John Culleton

Free list of books for self-publishers: