[scribus] Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 on Linux Mint?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Nov 18 16:02:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:49:55 +0000
Jim Ford <jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> On 18/11/2011 04:45, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >
> > Seriously considering switching to Mint with Xfce desktop. Any known
> > problems?
>
> Why not XUbuntu? It's got the excellent Xfce desktop and is well
> supported.
>
> Jim

I use Slackware with the added Salix program slapt-get. Slackware comes
with compilers preinstalled. Since the release date of 1.4.0 is
asymptotic in nature I just recompile every night from svn.
Slackware has XFCE version 4.6.2 (Xfce 4.6) Works fine for me.
Kmail on Slackware 13.37 is all screwed up with Akonadi messages. So I
converted to Claws Mail.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: