[scribus] Screenshots for Scribus Release

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sat Nov 26 00:24:06 UTC 2011

On 11/26/11 12:33 AM, Rob Oakes wrote:
> On 11/24/2011 1:25 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories is a little bare of recent publications, especially with screenshots.
>>
>> Would anyone like to contribute some screenshots of recent works done with Scribus for the 1.4.0
>> release notes?
>>
>> Nothing obviously too controversial, politically motivated, offensive etc. Just a nice design, layout, etc.
> The KDE e.V. Newsletters for the past year and some have been done with
> Scribus, and might be useful. For example,
>
> http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2011/06/08/kde-news
>
> and
>
> http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2011/11/25/kde-news201103
>
> might help to showcase projects which have been done in Scribus. What
> sort of screenshots are you looking for? Do you want screenshots showing
> the product, or those showing the process (as suggested by a previous
> contributor)?
>
> Also, do you want examples of different types of publications? I've got
> screenshots of a PDF presentation done in Scribus here:
>
> http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2010/08/21/modern-templates
>
> I'm aware of a couple of non-profits using Scribus for design and could
> check if they'd be willing to let me post screenshots of posters and
> other material they've done. (Many of which are really quite stunning.)
>
> Knowing a little bit more about what you're looking for would be
> helpful. I've got a bunch of projects that might conceivably used as
> screenshot fodder.

Those all look exactly like what I am thinking of. Basically, just decent work showing off some
features. I guess seeing one of those pages loaded into Scribus as a screenshot would be nice. I
like the Q4 2010 Page 8 with its open source message too. In the end, the screenshots aren't going
to be needed in much higher quality than what you have on those pages.. its to give a flavour of
what's possible as the narrative runs through.

If the posters you mention have had the bleed settings, crop marks etc used, they might be useful to
have a screenshot of.

Craig