[scribus] Imported page loses its text frame style

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 17:31:21 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 01:30 AM, Christophe Amerijckx wrote:
> No one has an idea about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christophe
>
> On 24/11/2011 14:15, Christophe Amerijckx wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Scribus 1.4.0.rc6. When importing a document inside another
>> one (either via the menus Page->Import or via the API command
>> importPage), the style of the Text Frames are lost. Looking at the
>> resulting document, it seems that the Style XML section is not imported
>> and the text frame style is replaced by a "Default Paragraph Style".
>>
>> I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if this is bug/feature but
>> for sure, this is not the expected result.
>>
>> If someone wants to get the files to check this, I can provide them.

Some personal experimentation does show some curiosities about this, but
not as severe as you are describing.

I just imported some pages containing a Paragraph Style. It was applied
properly. If you look at Properties > Text > Styles... it suggests that
no style is applied, but this is true in the original document as well.
When I click the drop down list, the style was indeed imported.
When I open Story Editor, I do see the style indicated for the paragraph.

Now, when I first look at the Edit Styles dialog in the document into
which I imported the page, the imported style is not listed, BUT when I
click on Edit, it's there. Subsequently, opening up the Edit Styles
dialog shows this imported style.

So, in summary (from this test):

Styles are indeed imported, though you may have to fish around to find
the evidence of it.
They seem to be applied in my test. When I look at the saved test
document, the imported style is indeed there.

Greg