[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 Release

Stefan stmstmstmster at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:15:24 UTC 2011

Updated last night. I've noticed some differences in text flow in my
current newspaper. Text needs some lines more space than before. Two
page text is 3-4 lines more now. I can live with that, as it is just a
rough layout for now.

Regarding the "vertical" shit, i have not noticed that. My text
linespacing is fixed to the grid, newspaper style.

First impression: Scribus feels much faster now regarding key
controls. If you move a frame with cursor keys, it feels more
interactive. (kein nachlaufen) If you type some letters, they will be
faster there to see and not one letter every one second till
everything you typed is processed by Scribus. This speedup is very
important for easy/relaxed work!

And discovered a nice feature: text overflow word count is displayed
in context menu. Not shure if new.

--
Gruß, Stefan