[scribus] Rendering issue in Scribus 1.3.9

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun Aug 19 14:57:05 UTC 2012

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:42:49 +0200
"Gunter Woysch" <Gunter.Woysch at gmx.de> wrote:

> Rendering issue in Scribus 1.3.9
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a rendering issue with Scribus 1.3.9.
>
> I added a trapezoid with the line drawing tool of a graphics editor
> to a .png file.
>
> The trapezoid looks good in this .png file and this graphics editor
> and when I open it in a web browser.
>
> After importing the .png file to Scribus, the trapezoid is shown as a
> sequence of line sections with interrupting black background.
>
> This "broken" presentation is even exported to .pdf.
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> Is there a simple workaround, which I could use without having to
> change my Scribus installation?
>
> Many thanks for any answer!
>
> Gunter

What is the graphic tool you used?

Png is a bitmap format. I suggest that a trapezoid might work better if
saved as a vector format, like PostScript or Svg. Can you do
that? And did you try to draw the trapezoid directly in Scribus?

Upgrading to 1.4.2 is the first thing I would try. It isn't that
difficult.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: