[scribus] Tentative feature freeze for Scribus 1.5svn

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Dec 30 08:23:12 UTC 2012

Hi John,

> > What we need most, though (in addition to coding power),
>  >is users willing to test, test, test -- and suggest!
>
> Where do we download snapshots to test ?
>
> (Windows snapshots in my case -  Yuk, sorry !)

As you probably know by now, compiling for Windows is a chore. Why don't you just install a virtual machine and add a Scribus-friendly Linux distro like OpenSUSE or Fedora?

Snapshots are fine, but a bug in a snapshot may have already been fixed by the time it has been released, resulting in unnecessary bug reports.

Building from source is so easy under Linux, so I really urge you to give it a try :)

Cheers,

Christoph