[scribus] Format Question

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Feb 17 12:31:40 UTC 2012

hi

> I've just updated by Linux System here from Mint 12 KDE to PClinuxOS
> KDE 2012. When I try to open my .sla documents I get the error "Not in
> an acceptable format".
>
> The version I was using before was 1.4.0 and the version through
> PClinuxOS is 1.3.9. Has the format changed between these two versions??

yes and no...
the format has changed but, despite scribus saying the contrary, it
should mostly be compatible.
you need a bit of luck but this may work:
- make a copy of your file
- open it with a text editor
- change the version written in the file from 1.4 to 1.3.9
- close the file and open it with scribus

it may or may not work...

... but the best thing to do is certainly to use 1.4.0!

> If so how can I get the 1.4.0 version for PClinuxOS?

this is a thing that you should ask to the pclinuxos guys...
never heard of it before...

ciao
a.l.e