[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 Released

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jan 3 17:50:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:29:09 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This having been said, I hardly see a benefit for *daily* builds. If
> you are building daily, the presumption is that you are using Scribus
> daily in a substantial way, so that you would be in a position to
> find new problems or corrections to old problems.
>
> As we have said before on the list, if you build this frequently, you
> should have a backup Scribus in case something comes up as a problem.
> This is of course less likely with the 1.4.x series at this point.
> Right now, one might easily keep a 1.4.0 in a "standard" location,
> then periodically update svn, and install this to a nonstandard
> location. Then you always have the 1.4.0 to fall back on or compare
> with.
>
> Greg

Currently my nightly script copies the existing 1.4.0 as a backup
version before it compiles the newer (by one day) version. I use
this for comparison purposes to spot the presence of any changes.
I can add a further backup of the backup to get a two day old
version or simply add another backup once a week in a separate
script.

I have plenty of disk space.

--
John Culleton