[scribus] Importing from LibreOffice but using Scribus Styles

Axel Bojer axelb at skolelinux.no
Wed Jan 4 18:09:44 UTC 2012

Den 04. jan. 2012 16:59, skrev Andrew May:
> New to Scribus so this may be a simple or well known problem but I have
> not been able to find anything about it in the documentation or on the web.
>
> I have a LibreOffice Write document that has a small set of custom
> styles, eg myHeading1, myHeading2, myBodyText. These are largely defined
> using 12pt courier with double line spacing to make it easy to print,
> proof-read and comment on the document.
>
> I then have an outline Scribus document that has the same styles but
> defined as required for the finished document using different fonts,
> colours, line spacing and justification.
>
> I had hoped that I would be able to import my LibreOffice document into
> Scribus and it would take on the new styles. But this only partially
> works. I am importing the text by right clicking in the text frame and
> selecting Get Text. I am not making any selection from the resultant
> pop-up. What I am getting is text that takes on some of the aspects of
> the Scribus style but retains some from LibreOffice. So the line spacing
> and justification comes from Scribus but the font comes from
> LibreOffice. The font colour comes from LibreOffice but the intensity
> comes from Scribus.
>
> I had hoped that I could override all the elements of the defined style
> by using styles of the same name but this does not seem to be happening.
> Can anyone tell me if there any way of achieving what I am trying to do?

Here is what I have been doing in this case:

* Make the LibreOffice Write document with approximatively the right
  formatting and the right styles
* Import the text in Scribus
* Choose to delete the styles imported to Scribus from LibreOffice and
  at the same time choose which styles to replace then with.

Only problem is that if you choose to merge the styles some important
styles may disappear, if you don't you will probably get more styles
than those you made in OOo. Perhaps 1.4.0 is better in this regard :-)

Best regards
Axel Bojer