[scribus] "Made with Scribus" logo ?-logo propose

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Jan 23 11:01:37 UTC 2012

Am 22.01.2012 20:14, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 01/22/2012 04:13 AM, Murray Strome wrote:
>> We'll see what others think. We have to recognize that Scribus isn't a
>> household name, so I don't see a problem with promoting the name as part
>> of the logo.
>
> It's not as obscure as all that, either. Recently, I was talking with a
> friend of mine, John DeChancie. (He's a published SF author, but not a
> best seller, for those of you who don't follow that genre.) He's
> interested in getting more involved in the layout and publication of his
> work so I suggested Scribus. I was quite pleasantly surprised to hear
> somebody else in the room comment that she was well familiar with
> Scribus as she'd used it at a former job. She said that it was quite
> capable of doing everything John needs, although it has a bit of a
> learning curve. I responded that everything worth using has a learning
> curve.
>
> More people than you'd think use, or are aware of Scribus; it's just
> that they don't often have a reason to mention it. Designing some sort
> of "Made with Scribus" logo and getting people to use it might be just
> what we need to bring our user base up. I'd help, but alas, my talents
> don't include the visual arts.

The other day, we talked to a former student who had studied translator
on our school. She told us one of the most handy things she had learned
was designing folders in Scribus. Having made a folder about herself,
she recently has found a new job. And now she's known for being able to
make layouts in that firm, so every layout job is hers - and guess what
program she's using to do that :-)

Regards

Rolf