[scribus] The World Naked Bike Ride book (colour profiles for cover/interior)

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Tue Jun 5 08:01:46 UTC 2012

Hi John,

Excellent, thanks for the clarification. As I understand it, then, the profile
link you posted is valid for an LSI colour cover and NOT for an LSI colour
interior. Or, rather I should say that I understand you have not used it for an
interior with Scribus/LSI.

There is a lot of well meant information on the internet, but very often the
specification, or the question, is not clear, or the application of a
particular solution is only half-applicable, for one reason or another. I see
this all the time in the LSI documentation, which is actually quite good in
places, but where they still manage to assume so much. As Barnum said, it's
clearly not possible to cover every case for everybody, and it's important to
get this kind of thing straight. If I'm going to write this up, the details
need to be clear, at least to me :-)

Ok, so far then, we have one potential ICC profile for a colour cover with LSI.

    http://wexfordpress.net/SWOPcoated5_240.icc

Does anyone know, from personal experience with Scribus and LSI, if we need to
have a different profile for the colour interior, or will this profile ALSO do
the interior?

If we need a different profile, where does one acquire one?

    url...?

--
Ciao

Richard Foley