[scribus] who pays for font fees ?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Jun 5 10:35:06 UTC 2012

Le 01/06/2012 01:43, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> Perhaps they need to understand the terminology. Perhaps by licenced they mean proprietary. Even most free fonts have a
> licence, albeit a free licence that allows for usage of the font however the end user sees fit. And some free fonts have
> some usage restrictions.

The licence is linotype's
in english : http://www.linotype.com/en/2061-28225/
in french : www.linotype.com/fr/2061-28225

Rob Oakes wrote :
> The ultimate responsibility, of course, falls to the editor. If you
> publish the book without paying the licensing fees, you can be liable
> for damages. (At least in the US.)

AMOF, my question is more about "who is to be legaly licenced"
rather than "who has to pay for the fees".

As for ultimate responsability : as the editor, I wont edit the doc
and just send the received PDF to the printer,
and the layout company allready owns the licence for that beloved-by-them font.

Giving these and after studying the licence,
i'm about to think that we dont need to acquire a new licence.
Do you think the same ?

JLuc