[scribus] a new ebook

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:30:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:

> Oh, and right, I really think the story editor should take on the good
> parts from LyX. LyX works the way any typesetting editor should work,
> forget all about word processing and text editor when you can write
> multiple spaces or newlines after eachother. Text is glyphs forming
> words forming paragraphs, you only need one space between each word
> and one paragraph break between paragraphs.

Sadly, no. I've no idea how much actual experience you have with LaTeX
and the kind of work you produced, but what I've found (that's two
books, few hundreds pages large each, with tables, equations and
pcitures) is that automatic output is never, never perfect. There's
always a need for in-place tweaks.

Passepartout was an interesting concept (especially since it could be
used as a publishing server), but it couldn't work everywhere for
reasons outlined above.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org