[scribus] External manipulation of a Scribus template

francesco at promotux.it francesco at promotux.it
Fri Jun 22 10:09:36 UTC 2012

On 22/06/2012 11:43, Aleksander Kujbida wrote:
> Thanks very much for the info again, a.I.e. We don't have the skills to
> provide patches, but hopefully someone who does will take an interest. If
> it's not a big task, I'd be prepared to make a small contribution to
> encourage this.
> Best regards,
> Aleksander
>
> On 22 June 2012 12:27, a.l.e<ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>  wrote:
>
>> hi aleksander,
>>
>>   The BIG question: Can Scribus to read a Scribus document and output a PDF
>>> (say), without having to open Scribus into a GUI?
>>>

>> i think that i've already written about it :-)
>>
>> no, scribus can't do it yet..
>>
>> it's planned, there are some old patches that go in that direction and
>> there are people willing to give a hand in implementing it... but it has
>> not really happened yet.
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> a.l.e

I wrote long time ago a python script that elaborate a sla ( add pages,
changing tags , images ) and a parto to convert a sla into pdf using
reportlab.
i use it inside promogest ( www.promogest.me ) but i had no time to
complete the  code for stand alone release. It works very well even if
the scribus code best sport is to change xml-sla format :)  now it
support 1.4
maybe can be a start point for you. I use it in a web framework ( also
in python ) too

Ciao
Francesco