[scribus] Incorporating special characters

Midori Toraha midori_toraha at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:59:49 UTC 2012

(sorry, on digest, so I'm not sure how to reply so that my answer stays with its thread)
Thanks, Lars! I was under the impression that the symbols would display in some sort of "default symbol" format-- the place where I had found them said they should display with "charsets ISO 8859-1 or UTF-8". I was misunderstanding that those were some sort of font classification or standard or somesuch.
I didn't have DeJaVu, but once I converted them from the default font into MS Mincho, they displayed perfectly.
Thanks for setting me straight!
-M