[scribus] Justification (mainly)

Thor Ewing thor at historicalarts.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 09:18:18 UTC 2012

Dear Listmembers,

I downloaded Scribus 1.4.0 a couple of days ago, and I’ve been studying hard.

I’m generally very impressed but I can’t seem to get the Justification function to operate as I want it to. Whenever I turn on Full Justification, it applies even to the last line of each paragraph (although the Control Characters show a hard retrun). I’m new to DTP so please forgive me if I’m missing something obvious here. I’m sure there must be a way round this.

Less drastic for me as a user, but still rather irritating is that when I “Get text” from HTML, it randomly omits some characters and white spaces. I suspect that this might be a bug, but there could be another explanation.

All suggestions gladly received.

Best wishes,
Thor