[scribus] Scribus & Amazon Kendel

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Mar 19 13:11:52 UTC 2012

On 03/18/2012 03:44 PM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
> It will be remembered that it was disclosed last week that
> “claudia has prepared a wonderful proposal, explaining how to export
> your scribus work to the epub format...it may even be easy to implement!”
>
> not ready yet to be published...
>
> BUT Has any one read this discussion at
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/apples-mind-bogglingly-greedy-and-evil-license-agreement/4360
> ?
>
> There are some serious concerns about selling your ebook through
> iTunes/iBook. Among other things Apple wants to claim all rights to sell
> the book possibly even if they don't actually list the books for sale.
> You can read about it here:
>
> Could this be a problem for Claudiaproposal, even if the work has been
> done on Scribus?

What this is pointing out is the lunacy of offering your ebook through
Apple. They seem to have what we might call a "viral proprietary
licence", in which your work submitted to them is no longer your work.

It would be nice to think that they can't possibly get away with this,
but if people let them, they will.

Greg