[scribus] Limit to number of layers?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Mar 28 05:01:21 UTC 2012

> This is why I use layers to the extent I do and have done so for the best part of 20 years. I name my layers in a highly descriptive way and can usually quickly get back up to speed if I've been away from the document for awhile. In Layout apps, I tend to keep my layers at fewer than 10. In illustration, I use as many as make sense, combining layers as I go along.

Could you give some examples on how you use layers? Because I think
you are using layers for things you don't have to use layers for
(because if you combine layers, if was probably never necessary to
create them from the beginning).

Remember, to keep thinks "on top of eachother" in Scribus you place
them om different levels, so layers are not needed for that. To
prevent things from moving you can lock them, so there is no need to
have them on separate layers for thatn. To keep things "together" you
can group them instead of placing them on a layer of their own.

/Peter