[scribus] turn off bottom portion of Scribus window?

Cat catsoul at thinkplan.org
Wed Mar 28 17:25:14 UTC 2012

On Mar 28, 2012, at 8:14 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote:

> So many software projects are struggling these days to squeeze their
> interfaces into usable netbook/tablet formats; mostly by degrading
> usability for those who use *real* computers and *adequate*
> screen-estate.
>
> I sincerely hope Scribus won't go that route - after all it is a
> layout/typesetting software.

I feel that you should fear not. Modern software applications give the user the ability to change the interface to suit them, whether they use a "real" computer or a less-than-real computer.

If this change were made, you'd be able to have all the chrome you want; others would be able to turn off chrome they don't need.

dcat