[scribus] Progressively slow loading in Scribus 1.3.3.14

Robin Dean (Google) robin.c.dean at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:52:15 UTC 2012

Hi

I am sorry to come this way but I have mislaid my user name and my log
on details.

I have been using Scribus to produce an A5 64 (sometime 60 sometimes 68)
page magazine once a month for the last couple of years. About half the
pages are adverts in PNG format and the other half are individual pages
of text with a few photographs. I now produce an PDF X3 format file
which I send to the printer.

I remove adverts when they do not renew, add new ones and the text is
changed or deleted every month by going to the page and either editing
it or clearing the contents and copying electronically from an original
say press release. Sometimes I produce the editorial text in Word (so
that I can spell check it) and then copy and paste in giving it my
standard format. Some of the pages are of standard format each month
with only changes of text.

I have noticed that it seems very slow to load - it seems slower than
when I started a couple of years ago.

Should I be clearing down a buffer or equivalent - how do I make a fresh
start without having to re-construct each page?

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Robin Dean