[scribus] GiveLife color system license?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri May 18 18:32:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, 17 May 2012 19:05:46 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> So what GiveLife does for Scribus is to simply /allow/ someone who
> wishes to use it have immediate access within Scribus. That's about
> it.
>
> Given the next Libre Graphics Meeting site being Madrid, perhaps we
> can invite them to be a sponsor/attendee/presenter.
>
> Greg
In that case it is relatively harmless. I can just ignore it. I
haven't figured out how one would for example look for a deep
blue or a golden color. Do users actually scan the whole palette
whilst looking for a particular shade?

A more useful exercise would be to backport PDF X/1-a:2001 output
to the 1.4.x series. I can use the svn copy of 1.5.0 but for
many users on systems such as OS X or Win compiling 1.5.0 is more
of a challenge. Hence when I give advice I suggest saving a cover
file as tiff instead.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: