[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

gpittman at iglou.com gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Oct 2 14:36:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, October 2, 2012 10:01, a.l.e wrote:
> hi judith
>
> i don't think that such a manual exists.
>
> i have been taking notes for this kind of publications for a couple of
> years now and i'd really like to publish something...
>
> i just have to find the time for it :-(
>
> what are your needs and skills? what do you need to know?

Here is a wiki article a user started about newspaper workflow, which may
help with the overall concepts:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_a_Newspaper

Beyond that, you're talking about the nuts and bolts of using Scribus, for
which the online manual probably has the most up-to-date information
(though maybe not complete) -- making text frames with columns and so on.

Any way you approach it, there is a learning curve, as there should be
with a program that allows a LOT of flexibility in your layout and
contents. This isn't like a blog program that makes a lot of choices for
you and you choose from a list of layouts.

We also need some feedback from users to tell us which articles have
erroneous information or are incomplete. Some articles are kept because we
do find that people out there might still be using 1.3.3.x versions.

Greg