[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0 segmentation fault

Alessandro Levati 8av10s at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 3 21:03:58 UTC 2012

Buonasera ale,

Il 03/10/2012 08:36, ale rimoldi ha scritto:
> buondì alessandro,
>
>> I too understood that -DWANT_SYSTEM_CAIRO=1 was not necessary, but it
>> seems that it is. I did not find that clearly explained, and I got it
>> wrong...
>
> i think that everybody thinks that it's not necessary anymore :-)
>
> a question to help sort this out: did you try with a clean checkout and
> a new build directory?

I made an out-of-source build: I made a directory into which I checked
out the source code, and a separate directory for building (both in my
home directory), and the installation directory was /opt/scribus-svn. So
the source remained clean.

After each failed building attempt, I deleted the whole content of the
build directory and of the installation directory, before trying again.

I kept a copy of the build directory for the last failed build (the one
without -DWANT_SYSTEM_CAIRO=1), I don't know if it includes something
useful.

Good night
Alessandro