[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

gpittman at iglou.com gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Oct 5 14:30:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, October 5, 2012 01:26, Peter Nermander wrote:

> So, what I objected against was that using a text editor some way
> would be the optimal way to handle text that should be imported into
> Scribus.
>

> Writing directly in Scribus however is usually not the best way. What
> I personally would like to see is something in the line of a stand
> alone version of the Story Editor, or something like LyX, where text could
> be created and be easily marked up with a limited set of markup. I think
> that being able to apply named paragraph and character styles to the text
> would be sufficient. The editor could have options to change the visual
> appearance of the styles, but when importing into Scribus only the names
> of the styles would be used.

It would be worth considering an enhanced editor, something of an
intermediary between Scribus and, say LibreOffice, which could push the
formatted text in either direction, so that it could be further edited in
either Scribus or LibreOffice.

Sounds like an idea for a new standalone project. :-)   :-O

Greg