[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Oct 9 21:34:51 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 02:28 PM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I have tested a peace of text in  Open Office and saved a file in ODT,
> but that wont even import into Scribus 1.4.1. I can past the text but no
> stile at all.
>
> My OS Windows XP Pro What is LO/OO there is a few reference to this in
> the mail?

I just tried this to a limited extent last night on a Win7 VM (virtual
machine) last night, and could successfully import styles.

Some caveats:
In no instance could I import a strikethrough successfully, but
underline came through Ok.

I made a new style "based on Marginalia" (didn't really want to do this
but somehow it happened), and I found that for Marginalia and the one
based on it, some selected words in bold or italics did not come in as
these mods. This did work with Text body and Heading(s).

I have no reason to believe this would be any different with XP, so I
don't know why it's not working in your case.

Greg