[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Oct 10 12:03:51 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 06:22 AM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:

> Yes Owen
> I can see ODT, text file, but it wont import into Scribes, the text box
> which is highlighted too. As I said I can copy and past the text into
> Scribus but not the underline, bold, or italics.
>
> Greg you say,
> “You need to make sure you do not check Import Text Only.” But surly
> there is no choice in this matter! Is there?
>
> However, it seems as if some on this forum can import without losing the
> text stile. I have asked the question several times without an answer,
> TELL ME WHAT VERSION OF  Open Office you use?
> THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM

I don't think the version is the problem, this has worked for a long
time, even before OpenOffice existed.

If you check Import Text Only, you will get no formatting.

A quick rundown on the process:

Create/select a text frame.
Right-click on the frame, choose Get Text.
A file dialog appears. By default, it should be searching for all sorts
of text files, including .odt files. Importer should say Automatic.
Find your file, click Ok.
You should then get another dialog labeled OpenDocument Importer Options
to specify what to do with styles. Make your choices, click Ok.

Greg