[scribus] How can I get a double underline in Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Oct 11 23:17:52 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 04:39 PM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:

> Thank you Ciao, You say  “in this case: by drawing two lines...”
>
> That is not so simple as you make out. I have been at it for hours
> attempting to get the two lines parallel.
>
> Then getting them to the width of the text is another problem. If
> there was a way of keeping the lines parallel while adjusting the
> width to that of the text then it would be simpler.
>
> Then centralizing the lines and text. The text is easy but the lines
> have no centralizing system, as far as I know in Scribus.
>
> The way I have been attempting is the lines in one layer and the text
> in another layer.

First: if you hold down Ctrl while drawing a line segment, it constrains
the line to 15° increments, so it's easy to draw a horizontal line.

Second: make a line of arbitrary length. Adjust the thickness as desired.

Third: select Item > Multiple Duplicate from the menu. Make one copy at
a vertical distance of your choosing. You now have a double line with
the lines parallel.

Fourth: select both lines, then Group them. Now save the Group to the
Scrapbook.

Fifth: to use the lines, pull them from the Scrapbook, and mainly focus
on getting the distance from the line of text that you want (you might
use a baseline grid or the regular grid to help). Position by adjusting
the X-Pos in Properties. Get the right width by adjusting Width in
Properties.

Greg