[scribus] Shifting page objects by script

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Fri Oct 12 07:18:41 UTC 2012

On 10/12/2012 08:12 AM, Greg wrote:
> Here is a wiki page with a script for shifting all page objects, which
> you might need to do when you insert a page in the middle of a Double
> Sided layout.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Shifting_All_Page_Objects
>
> There are of course various mods one can make to accomplish other
> goals. As written, the script only shifts the objects right or left,
> not up or down.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg

This sounds very promising indeed and I think could cure the problem I
brought up!!

I've never used scripts so would need a basic 'How to' if you don't
mind. My only comment would be to know if it's possible to make the
script work from the page you start it on right to the end of the document?

I also think that incorporating this into Scribus itself would be a very
worth while exercise indeed..
Maybe as "Apply Master Page with adjustment"

Very many thanks

IanW
Pretoria
South Africa.