[scribus] Introduction & Printing guides

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Oct 12 14:06:20 UTC 2012

hi gabriel,

here a developer called a.l.e speaking ...
> Hi all. I'm a 27 years old graphic design student based in Argentina,
> at the University of Art and Design of Oberá, state of Misiones. I use
> GNU/Linux from redhat 4.8 (i guess the first attempt to bring gnu to
> the masses) and now my main OS is Archlinux. I work entirely with open
> source software Gimp, Inkscape, Blender, Scribus. Well, enough of
> introductions and go to the point. I need to do some sketches for a
> project i'm about to make, and i'm wondering if there's a way of
> "print" the guides and the "no printing objects" to a PDF file (maybe
> to print it in a greaseproof paper). I do some research and came to
> this script developed by a user called a.l.e.
> (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.scribus/39489).
>
> Now in Scribus, importing it and executing throws me an error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "", line 8, in
>
>   File "/home/gabo/guides.py", line 30
>
>     scribus.setFillColor('Black', rectangle) scribus.setLineColor('Blue',
>
>                                                    ^
>
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I want to know if somebody has used it before or has another
> turnaround to work with printed guides.
> Well, thanks in advance and sorry about my English.

i can have a look at it this evening CET...

i think that -- at the end -- frédéric continued his work and
"published" a finished script (which also printed crossed boxes for
image fiels, iirc)

i will be at home between 19 and 21 swiss time. you can ping me on irc...
#scribus on irc.freenode.net
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Special:WebChat

ciao
a.l.e