[scribus] Printing Doesn't Produce What's In The Scribus Window

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Oct 15 08:58:45 UTC 2012

hi

>> When I print it, two things happen ...
> Do you print it directly from scribus ?
> Then try to produce a pdf first, and print the pdf.
> Tell us if it goes any better then.

yep, try to produce a pdf with "file > export" and print it with a
"good" pdf reader (for your tests you may want to try acrobat reader, as
it mostly fits in the category of the good pdf readers).

directly printing from scribus to landscape is generally not supported.

i wonder what are the conditions (if there are such) to get it it print
correctly on landscape...

can anybody on this list print directly from scribus to landscape?
which os and scribus version? which printer?

i've just tried on mac os x and it failed (but haven't tried too hard).
on the one side it didn't rotate the page, on the other side the result
was "washed out"
and we have good big xerox printer here...

ciao
a.l.e