[scribus] Scribus on Windows 8?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 23:07:20 UTC 2012

On 27/10/2012 17:08, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/27/2012 04:46 AM, john Culleton wrote:
>> Will Scribus work on Win 8 on a desktop PC?

> I run Linux, not Windows.  The only thing I've done on Windows in the
> last five years is play certain games at a club I belong to.  Coming
> from that perspective, I have to ask: Why wouldn't Scribus work under
> Windows 8?  Why do you think that a program that runs Just Fine with XP,
> 2000, Vista and Windows 7 would suddenly stop working if you upgrade to
> Windows 8?  Please understand that I'm not being sarcastic here.  It's
> been so long since I used Windows for anything except games that I've
> completely forgotten the Windows mindset.

While I see your point, it's worth noting that old versions of Pagemaker
e.g. 6.52 don't work on windows 7 as far as I can tell, and InDesign 1.5
isn't too happy either.

Don't know if that's down to poor coding by Adobe, or API creep by
microsoft.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT